With our clients safety and comfort at the forefront of everything we do, we have strict polices in place prior to certain treatments we carry out to ensure we follow brand set guidelines and offer the very best service we can.
PLEASE NOTE: No reaction to a patch test is still not a guarantee that a reaction will not occur during or after the treatment, this is an informed risk that you choose to take when undergoing the High Definition Brows treatment.
For all of our treatments please note the below:
- Patch testing for HD Brow and LVL Lash treatments must be carried out a minimum of 48 hours prior to the treatment.
- Patch tests carried out at other establishments are not valid.
- Treatments for 16’s and under are not permitted without Parent/Guardian consent
- We cannot carry out treatments that require skin tests such as Tinting or Eyelash Extensions on anyone aged 16 or under, pregnant or breastfeeding.
HD Brow Patch Testing Policy
- If you have not had your skin test then your treatment can still be carried out but without the tint.
- We cannot carry out the tinting section of this treatment on anyone aged 16 or under, pregnant or breastfeeding.
- HD Brows Patch testing is required a minimum of 48 hours before your treatment and a maximum of 2 weeks prior to your treatment. This also applies for all existing client appointments.
- If a reaction should occur within 48 hours, this could be in the form of redness, itching, swelling or similar. Immediately remove your patch test (if you have a home test kit) and seek advice from a GP or pharmacist. Even if only a slight reaction occurs, we will not be able to carry out the tint part of the treatment.
- If you have had a home test kit, you must not remove or wash off the patch test before your treatment (unless a reaction occurs), your High Definition Brows Stylist will check and remove it during the appointment. Fracturing (when sections of the test flake away from the skin) during this 48 hour period is normal.
- Please be aware that if you are taking antihistamines or other medications, they can mask a reaction during the patch test but may not be strong enough to counter a full reaction after the treatment which is an increased risk. You can decline the tint stage if you are concerned.
- We cannot patch test or carry out the tint part of the HD Brow treatment if any of the following apply:
– A previous allergy/ sensitivity/ problem has been caused by any tint, dye or henna treatments in the past- You have sensitive, irritated or damaged skin around the treatment area.
-You have had a “Black Henna” temporary tattoo in the past, as you will be hypersensitive to PPD due to the large amount found in “Black Henna”. (If this was many years ago and without incident there is still an increased risk) We do not advise having the tint part of this treatment, since this intense exposure may have “awakened the immune system”, making it more likely to react in the event of further exposure.
Lash Extensions Patch Testing Policy:
We use a variety of glues from our branded high quality lash suppliers and depending on what lashes you are booked in for will determine what glues we test with.
- If a reaction should occur within 48 hours, this could be in the form of redness, itching, swelling or similar. Immediately rinse the area where tested and seek advice from a GP or pharmacist. Even if only a slight reaction occurs, we will not be able to carry out this treatment.
- Please notify us immediately should a reaction occur so we can make a full record on your client record card.
- Please be aware that if you are taking antihistamines or other medications, they can mask a reaction during the patch test but may not be strong enough to counter a full reaction after the treatment which is an increased risk. If you are concerned you may decide not to have this treatment.
LVL Patch Testing Policy:
- LVL lashes recommend a patch test before every treatment, however after the first patch test, if you are a returning client within 3 months then you can decline another patch test but you will be asked to sign a form prior to every treatment to confirm this.
Tinting Patch Testing Policy:
A tint test must be carried out a minimum of 24 hours before any Lash or Brow tinting.